- To build tools that help other people work better and faster
- To write well documented code that answers questions before they are asked
- To achieve fluency in the Japanese Language
May 2016 - Current
September 2011 - December 2014
Analytics and marketing platform for web & mobile app developers.
Development VM Environment
Starting from an original version created out of fabric and shell scripts, and transitioning to a version using saltstack, built a developer environment to collapse the major parts of Kontagent’s infrastructure into a single virtual machine for development.
Testing and Release Engineering
Took over and expanded TeamCity testing environment configuring it to handle a majority of different components across the Kontagent stack. Built tooling to better link Atlassian tools to a git-flow workflow
- Atlassian Stash
- Atlassian JIRA
- Expanded the tools used with the development environment, lead the conversion of many of the remaining systems to be deployed using configuration management.
- Lead cross-engineering training to ensure each engineering team had a primary “automation” contact to assist teams in placing all systems under configuration management.
Supported legacy ETL systems by improving error handling and monitoring
March 2008 - August 2011
A social platform for gamers, which allowed them to build a gamer-social-and-interest graph through other users’ recommendations
At WeGame I was the lead web engineer where my responsibilities covered work on the main web site, media processing system, and server infrastructure .
- Worked with other developers to rewrite entire WeGame site which was launched in November 2008 using the Kohana framework
- Wrote core of video processing system and continue to maintain media processing infrastructure using Python and FFMpeg
- Wrote system for deploying code to remote servers using subversion then switching to git
- Wrote admin system used by staff to control various aspects of running WeGame.com
- Configuration and management of servers used to run WeGame (Web, Database, Media, Utility)
- Mac OS X
- RHEL 5
Department of Soil Science - North Carolina State University
May 2005 - August 2007
While studying Computer Science at North Carolina State University, I worked for the Department of Soil Science in their Distance Education office. My responsibilities were balanced between general system support for students and faculty, and other assorted computer tasks.
- Configured and supported Windows workstations (2000, XP) for Faculty and Students
- Configured and maintained Linux file server, web server, and domain server (samba, apache, ldap)
- Updated and maintained department and faculty web sites (php, mysql)
- Windows XP
- Fedora Linux
April 2015 - Present
January 2015 - March 2015
Short term Japanese course
Department of Computer Science - North Carolina State University
August 2005 - December 2007
Bachelors of Science in Computer Science
Awards / Qualifications
- Japanese Language Proficiency Test N2 - July 2015
- Eagle Scout - Boy Scouts of America - February 2003